Shopping for kids onesies can be really fun. Your kid will definitely look extra adorable thanks to the onesies’ smart and quirky designs. Here are some excellent ideas that you can try when it comes to dressing up your child.
If adults have witty statement shirts, your kids can also have a couple of statement onesies. Some of the more popular onesie statements include:
- Keep calm and carry me.
- Dear Santa, define good.
- I’m totally onederful.
- There’s a nap for that.
- Cleverly disguised as a kid
- Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V (a pair of onesies for twins)
- Trust me. I’m a Jedi.
- My Dad/Mom rocks…and feeds… and changes.
- I see BIG people.
These statement onesies will truly make anyone’s day plus it adds so much more cute points for your gorgeous little boy or girl.
There are many quirky designs that you can choose from. Many kids onesies retail shops would say that the following prints would top their most saleable list:
- Animal prints
- Fruit prints
- Super hero prints
- Iconic people prints (Bob Dylan, Mr. Rogers)
- Cartoon character prints
- Famous movie character prints
- Children’s book character prints
- Adult clothes prints (necktie, bow and tie)
- School-related stuff prints
More and more stylish designs are being offered by baby shops everywhere so you get to choose from a wide selection of delightful kids onesies that which will go perfect for your child.
A present innovation for kids onesies is for a crafty Dad and Mom to make their own onesie design. To do this, all you have to do is to buy a plain onesie usually the monochromatic black, white, or gray for easier designing. Then you can add your own embellishments from the most charming appliqués to basic shirt printing using child-friendly fabric paint. You can even tie dye it if you want. Personalizing onesies is a great way to exercise your creativity and can potentially be a fun couple or family bonding moment.
Another thing to consider is the fabric used for a kid’s onesies. Usually, they come in smooth cotton or polyester. This types of fabric keep your child cool and comfortable even during the hottest of days. When it gets cold, you can opt for thicker fleece or tough corduroy.
Buying kid’s clothes can get a little heavy to the pocket. The most practical thing to do is to keep on the lookout for big deals and discounts. Many onesie online and retail shops offer discount coupons on certain days. These can save you precious bucks and will even allow your budget to accommodate more pieces as needed.
Caring for your kid’s onesies
Onesies can be a bit pricy so it’s important that you know the right way to take care of them to avoid damage. Here are some tips to do exactly that:
- Use the mildest detergent there is. Strong detergent will make baby clothes coarse in the long run. You can also imagine what it can do if it comes to contact with your baby’s skin. It’s important to remember that it’s always possible for clothes to have detergent remnants even after washing. To avoid this scenario, you must wash your kid’s clothes as thoroughly as possible to remove all traces of detergent.
- Choose detergents that are scent-free. Some kids react negatively to strong scents.
- You might have to wash the onesie with hot water especially if there is a need to disinfect it. This is what’s usually done for hand-me-downs. Of course, you have to read the specific kid onesie care fine print that comes with what you bought or what you’ve received. This will instruct you about the right way to wash these clothes without damaging them.
- To avoid germ contamination, always wash onesies separately. Never mix them with adult clothes.
- Dry your kid’s clothes well. If you can, you can dry it under the heat of the sun.
- It’s always wise to keep the onesies inside a clean bag or hamper after being washed and dried. This way, your baby’s clothes will remain germ-free and ready for the next use.
Yes, caring for baby’s clothes can be a bit taxing but when it’s your child’s health and safety on the line, the amount of effort expended would not matter at all.
Kids onesies are truly a fun and stylish way of dressing up your child. With ample amount of creativity, imagination, and a sense of practicality, you can pick out the best for your kid.